Tuesday, January 1, 2013

RETROSPECTION



The year end documentation of what went by and what great I did, am I going to write that ? Will try to do so although it has been ages since I have taken the plunge in some sincere writing attempts. This year can be safely said to be the landmark year in my life. It not only started a new phase of my life but also led me to shed some of the disappointment I had been carrying with me since last few years. Having moved to a new city I now want the inner thought process of mine to be cleansed and refreshed. Finding my feet in the corporate world, making new friends, finding love, leaving some old ones behind were few things of 2012.
The year start was dominated mostly by anticipation of some important results. So much of impatience was there that we ran to notice board at every instance a new rumor came up. Till the time actual results came there were few passing disappointments and some pleasant days as well like the IBM day. The day was such a smooth ride with written cleared, a good GD round taken care of and interview well done. But after that there were few interviews which really tested me, realized my state of matters at that time. Amchi Mumbai duration was a fabulous visit as well stands as a new page turner in my life. Surely the IBM day counts as the decision making day too. That interview in Mumbai not only took a long time to end that day but was as jittery as it could get. It was my birthday too when the battle of questions was waged on me. In a long time I got a nice birthday present albeit after few months of the Mumbai trip. That was my selection in the firm.
Another thing that really kept my first half of '2012' occupied was my masters project work. What sleepless nights it gave me during those days, I am reminiscing now. It was a race  against time to a dead end kinda scene for me. However in the end that too turned out to be a happy ending although not satisfactory for me. My two years at VNIT, Nagpur came to end just when it had started to grow on me, that place the hostel and the folks there. I think my time at Nagpur and during masters was very awesome. I don't remember being  shy or cocooned and enjoyed all out there. Those 'poha and samosa' nights at 'Chandrama', how can I miss that out. During sessionals in winters the hot coffee and the delicacies kept us going on till wee hours of morning. The hang out point our very own fresh juice center was another place to be at. It had the best cold coffee ever and I can bet on it. How can I forget the gym bug that bit me during the summer holidays of first year during masters or the yoga  schedules I used to go for not long before abandoning those. The sloshed nights are better be a secret. How could I not mention the time I made that short film "Friendly foe". So much fun it was and the intensity with which we pursued it made me sure I am going to be a director soon. It was nice work start and I am proud I did it. An oppurtunity to work under an incredible guide Mr. Padole. But must say what a man of immense respect he is along with an excellent academician. The photo shoot at fag end of passing out was also so much fun but I was majorly 'behind the scene guy' that time too. Posing and not leaving any location on the campus. I should have written all this stuff months back and surely would have worked out better that time. VNIT deserves the mention for being amongst my one of the best times ever.
CALCUTTA, the city of yellow taxis and hand-pulled rickshaws. The city whose folks are the most outgoing on any day of the week. The people who like their fish, their 'mishti-doi' and the relaxed daytime with. What I hear around me is a very sweet bengali language of city, just like the desserts here. It may take some time for one to get himself to like the city or possibly may not like altogether.  But if you do then all the old world charm, the lanes reminding of the bygone era, the rush of crowd madness is for you to treasure. When I landed in the city on first day it was past mid-night, but I knew there and then that the liking had infused in me. I will remember by first yellow taxi ride that breezy silent night. The deserted Howrah bridge  at night was sheer pleasure to see on that night. I remember 'yellow submarine' playing in my head all this while owing to the yellow connection with taxi. 
   Office and the work is not something I would like put here. It is a routine which some time I detest and on some days it is super fun. But on the whole I am yet to derive the meaning of my standing at this turn of my life. Although I have crossed five months and entered a new year yet the adjustments at office are going on. Sometimes I feel people act weird for no reason as they don't even know me little bit. But also I come to conclusion that the vibe I send around may be appalling. Office as whole is nice, functions well, gives decent pay for a bachelor and largely people have been nice in office. Earning and living on own, I know that experience is something I had wanted for long after my under-graduation  Earning one's bread and butter, counting the last pennies or being empty pocket at month end, all this and more I have in my armory of experience. The friction and the banter that comes along with a pack of six in a house is a good addition to honing my wise side I guess. Managing home, balances, getting to know the cook inside me or being the weekend washer-man are other few sides of my this life. My weekends are largely devoted to exploring the irresistibly mysterious Calcutta. Victoria memorial is one brilliant piece of architecture to look from outside as well inside. My favorite parts of Calcutta are esplanade and Park Street. Pick what you like there and I am sure everyone will have something to, at dirt cheap rate which can be haggled with the seller at the content of your heart. That is Esplanade for you and the the nostalgic feeling as if you are in British era is what Park street delivers to your sense and in full measure. That place draws you to come again and see the aging houses and buildings, edging you to know what was the story behind each of them. I don't know about others but that is what I felt every time I have been in that part of city. So much more to say about the stay but I will end here. More power to words and to the new year 2013 .. Cheers :) :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment